We are seeking new part-time Team Members to join our Company, delivering an exemplary service to our customers and providing excellent care to their pets.
1 x Part Time Pet Care Provider (Dog Walking, Pet Sitting and other duties as applicable).
Hours: 8 hours per week as minimum contracted, with strong potential for further duties dependant on the candidate. Monday-Friday availability required, lunchtime hours essential, plus additional evening and weekend work for appropriate candidates.
Location: Remote, within 10 miles of LE2, Leicester. Driving and use of own car is essential.
Hourly Rate: £7.50 starting, rising to £8.25 per hour after 6 months.
Holiday Pay: Paid hourly
Duties for Pet Care Providers include:
– Dog Walking (including up to 5 dogs in group walks, off-lead where requested)
– Dog home visits
– Cat & Small Pet feeding visits
– Pet Taxi Services
– Other Pet Care assignments as possible, including Home Sitting (overnight care in Client’s Home), Day-Care or Home Boarding, if applicable to candidate.
The Staff Member will be required to work independently or with other Team Members, and may take on both one-to-one Care as well as Group Walks.
– You must be confident, enthusiastic and committed, with a real passion for and skill with animals.
– You must be a good communicator, socially confident and able to chat and put our Clients at ease. Fluent English Speaking essential.
– Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, trustworthy, honest and reliable.
– Physical fitness and stamina essential, this is a physically demanding role.
– Be willing to work and walk in all weathers. Must be skilled with dogs and able to walk multiple dogs.
– Own transport required. Must be willing to transport pets in the vehicle. Equipment provided.
– Have a Smartphone (E.g. iPhone) with constant data access during working hours and good technical ability with Apps and Gmail.
– Previous experience in a similar role or within another animal-based establishment.
– Customer Service experience.
– An interest in undertaking further training is essential.
– A degree, diploma or other qualification in animal behaviour, welfare or other similar area. (Priority given to such candidates)
Successful candidates will be required to produce a passport and/or driving licence and undergo a Criminal Disclosure check (must have a clear record) prior to commencing work.
Full training and insurance, including first-aid, will be required.
If the candidate is successful at interview, up to 3 full or 6 half-days of unpaid shadowing will be required prior to job offer being made. During these days, candidates will be required accompany a staff member on group walks/one-to-one walks and their skills and suitability will be assessed.
You must submit a cover letter with your application to be considered for the role, demonstrating your suitability.