We are committed to the safeguarding of your data. This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed and shared when you register as a client for pet care and/or dog training services, and when you visit or make a purchase from www.pipleicester.co.uk or https://www.prideinpetsleicester.co.uk/shop the ‘Site’.
It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data. Personal data is, in simple terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions.
- The right to access and amend the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For further information, you may contact our designated Data Officer, Amy Barber, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information (which may vary according to your relationship to us). Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website or for our services over the phone or via email, including your Name, Gender, Address, Email address, Telephone number, Payment information, Alternative Contact Name, Alternative Contact Email, Alternative Contact Phone Number, Alternative Contact Address, Details regarding your home (pet care), Details relating to your pet including their Date of Birth and their care requirements;
- any other information that you provide when completing your profile on our system including your date of birth, relationship status, employment details;
- information that you provide to us for subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters, including your name and email address;
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated while using those services, including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services, or any other transactions that you enter through our website, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details;
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website, including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication; and
- any other personal information that you choose to send or give to us, or detail on your personal Pet Sitter Plus profile.
We automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal, Stripe), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- Your information for this purpose of marketing will never be sold or shared.
You can view, amend or delete the information held about you on Pet Sitter Plus by logging into your personal online portal/profile any time on: https://2303prideinpetsleicester.petsoftware.net/clientportal/login
Marketing content sent via Mailchimp will not be sent to new customers unless opted-in via our sign-up forms and for this purpose, your data is stored on Mailchimp.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- CONSENTHow do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information relating to services such as pet care or dog training, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If you provide us your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, you will be able to express your consent via an online form, and we will also provide you the opportunity if you change your mind to unsubscribe at any time.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If, after opting-in, you change your mind, you can withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
Office 2 & 4,
LE28AA, United Kingdom
You may also unsubscribe to marketing contact by using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any marketing email. Please not that although we will act quickly on your request, you may continue to receive mailings which are already on their way to you for a short time while your request is being dealt with.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
– to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
– in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
– to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
– to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, for our online shop. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site; you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information by visiting here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your shipping details to our trusted suppliers to complete the delivery of your order. Your details will not be shared for marketing purposes and is strictly to allow the fulfilments of your order from drop shipping suppliers.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you where you have opted in. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
- DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We do not hold or have access to payment card information.
- SITE HOSTS
Our Main Site is hosted on WordPress (www.pipleicester.co.uk). Our store is hosted on WooCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- PAYMENTS: Powered by STRIPE / PAYPAL
By paying for your purchase through our website you are agreeing to payments powered by Stripe’s or PayPal’s Terms and Conditions and Policy’s. All pet care services and training sessions, classes or courses will be invoiced using Pet Sitter Plus and payment is collected using Stripe. You may also make payment over the phone using PayPal, or via BACS.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Office 2 & 4,
LE28AA, United Kingdom